fredag 30 november 2012

The power of positive thinking

When I first got sick I had a terrible stomach ache, I was tired and had 0 energy. After some days the stomach pain was gone but I was still tired, which made me a bit cranky and I didn't feel like doing anything. I thought I was still sick and that my body was tired so would let it rest. The more I stayed at home and rested the more tired I got. The day before my birthday I decided I was gonna feel good again, so I steered my thoughts and imagined myself waking up happy and energized . When I woke up the day after I finally felt well, I was even able to go for a 3 hour walk, dipped my feet in the ocean and got sun light. Now I feel like myself again, it fascinating how our thoughts can impact the way we feel! I'm really gonna try to ignore all negative thoughts that come up and instead think positively. If there are some negative things going on or something annoying, I'm gonna think about how to solve it and what I can do about it instead of just dwelling on it. This is especially important if you are a poker player, playing while you're upset/angry or have negative thoughts will impact your profit, it sure did these past days for me. Now I just ate a whole lot of chocolate and it's time to play some pokah!

Here are some tips I found on this site on how to think positive:

  • Read about this subject, think about its benefits, and persuade yourself to try it. The power of thoughts is a mighty power that is always shaping our life. This shaping is usually done subconsciously, but it is possible to make the process a conscious one. Even if the idea seems strange, give it a try. You have nothing to lose, but only to gain.
  • Ignore what other people might say or think about you, if they discover that you are changing the way you think.
  • Use imagination to visualize only favorable and beneficial situations.
  • Use positive words in your inner dialogues, or when talking with others.
  • Smile a little more, as this helps to think positively.
  • Once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to be aware of it, and endeavor to replace it with a constructive one. The negative thought will try again to enter your mind, and then, you have to replace it again with a positive one. It is as if there are two pictures in front of you, and you have to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively, and to ignore negative thoughts.
  • In case you feel inner resistance and difficulties when replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, do not give up, but keep looking only at the beneficial, good and happy thoughts in your mind.
  • It doesn't matter what your circumstances are at the present moment. Think positively, expect only favorable results and situations, and circumstances will change accordingly. If you persevere, you will transform the way your mind thinks. It might take some time for the changes to take place, but eventually they will.
  • Another useful techniques is the repetition of affirmations. This technique is similar to creative visualization, and can be used together with it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

TräningsbloggarHälsoartiklar